Electrical Contractor recently published an article by Craig DiLouie about a simple methodology for evaluating light sources based on a basic series of questions:
• What is the distribution of the light? Distribution is measured in candelas (cd).
• How long does the lamp last? Service life is measured in hours.
• How much light does it produce? Light output is measured in lumens (Lm).
• How much electric power does the system require? Power is measured in watts.
• How efficient is it compared to others? Efficacy is measured in lumens per watt (LPW).
• What is the color appearance of the source? Color tone is measured in kelvins (K).
• How well does the source render colors? Color rendering is expressed on the color rendering index (CRI).
Check it out here.
Image courtesy of Peter Ngai.
- LED’s and the Ghostly Tree (designhouse9.wordpress.com)
- COSMIC WONDER Light Source MEN x Harris Tweed Gloves (hypebeast.com)